Forge Prints
Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
forgeprints

Administrator
Reply with quote  #1 
ADVENTURESCAPES1.jpg

Coming to Kickstarter in September!  Complete kits containing everything you need for the environment from Dungeon Tiles to Accessories, Hand Painted OR Unpainted your choice!

Use this thread to discuss the upcoming Kickstarter and ask any questions!

Kevin

Kevin
Forge Prints
OldRoguePainting

Reply with quote  #2 
I'll sharpen my paintbrushes!  So stoked to get cracking on this!

Forge Prints Insider
Reply with quote  #3 
I definitely would like to know what's the scope of the project in regards to How many rooms or single tiles to be projected in the core project before any stretch goals are met?
forgeprints

Administrator
Reply with quote  #4 
Just with the family at Boston comicon but figured I would give a quick response [smile] were keeping this one focused on 3 environments the alchemy room, ship docks and tavern kitchen. All 3 rooms will have all the tiles and accessories needed to create the layouts shown during the campaign. All three will also have just additional tiles in that rooms theme available as addons so for instance if you get the tavern kitchen and an add on Pack of tiles you could create the main tavern room as well.

For a sense of scale / compatability we are big fans of Dwarven forges work and know that many of our customers are avid Dwarven forge customers as well so we have specifically designed these to merge seamlessly with their dungeon tiles. Similar height floors and wall sizes so you can mash up the designs!

This will be our most ambitious campaign to date but also our best value. More info will be coming as we get closer!

Kevin

Kevin
Forge Prints
Fayu

Forge Prints Insider
Reply with quote  #5 
I am excited to hear that it should fit to scale with Dwarven forge as I backed their resent campaign. I am curious if each will be able to to be bought on there own as well as be painted or there will be a discount for getting bundles?
forgeprints

Administrator
Reply with quote  #6 
You can buy 1 or more there will be both early bird discounts for early backers as well as a discount to for buying all 3 sets and you can choose either painted or unpainted as you like.

Current thinking is the rooms will be different prices potentially depending on number of minis etc. Still finalizing the pricing.

Kevin

Kevin
Forge Prints
forgeprints

Administrator
Reply with quote  #7 
Were getting close!  

Working on photography for the Kickstarter and flushing out final kit details now!  Were looking to balance the depth of the kits vs an aggressive price point to make this one hell of a great deal / introduction to the new line!

Kevin

Kevin
Forge Prints
szabbran

Reply with quote  #8 
Is the resin that forge prints uses the "plastic"-feeling resin (light like plastic, but more brittle), or more "ceramic"-feeling resin (harder and heavier like stone)? Seems like any number of materials are called resin so it's hard to tell with some products. Thanks!
forgeprints

Administrator
Reply with quote  #9 
Your right szabbran there are about a million and one resin products out there [smile]

We use an industry leading very durable hard plastic resin.  It is specifically designed for model kit production on the professional mass market level and is not the feather light brittle resin we all have nightmares about!  We did a test where we were slamming down our environment tiles to make sure they did not chip etc.  

I stood on our grave mimic plot with the teeth on it, and not a single tooth broke off [smile]  once again if you have a very thin long part with a long overhang you want to be careful to not snap it like any plastic item but you do not need to worry about the plastic itself being brittle!

hope that helps,
Kevin

Kevin
Forge Prints
OldRoguePainting

Reply with quote  #10 
Hi folks - Old Rogue here.  Just wanted to chime in on my own account and say that, as somebody who lived through Games Workshop's "Finecast" era, I have reservations whenever I work with resin.  These reservations only increase whenever I happen to drop a piece.  I can happily say that this is some of the sturdiest resin I've ever encountered - working with Forge Prints has really changed how I look at the material.  And no, I'm not paid to say that - I wouldn't sign on to a project I didn't believe in and I certainly wouldn't sign up to work with anything but the best material.

Just my two cents.  Good on you for asking about it szabbran.  

Best,
Adam
Old Rogue Painting

Reply with quote  #11 
Awesome- thanks so much Kevin/Rogue! I'm really looking forward to this KS kicking off.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Legal imprint