Forge Prints
Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
LimboLance

Reply with quote  #1 
A listing of "what if", "I'd like to see" and "could you do.." ideas. Sooo excited to get these products!
LimboLance

Reply with quote  #2 
FOUR INCH WIDE PIER: For Sea going (larger) ships

First, I'd like to apologize for the "quick and dirty" photos.  But, I feel that seeing while reading offers a better visual...

My argument for a 4" pier...

Four Inch.JPG 
I only have three of these homemade Docks that I made for a lake in a Dungeon (and you can see why I am looking forward to the Forge Prints versions!!!). But with cargo and minis - the amount of room to do battles (especially with the wide bases that minis now use) is minimal unless you have double wide docks. You can also argue that they need to be at least that wide because you literally had to load tons of cargo and victals aboard ships going to sea.

(The Docks were handmade using Stones, the mini is a Bones 4 Knight and the ship is from Renaissance Miniatures).

LimboLance

Reply with quote  #3 
"ROYAL" Docks: For use by Nobles and Military Vessels. 

Hides the debri that normally accumulates beneath docks, usually only one or two in the larger ports and adds a certain flair...

Royal Docks.JPG

Take the existing floor molds but print on thinner material - probably need to add "stones" to two sides (for top and edge on visuals) and simply lean against the "soon to be made" Docks!

I'd like to apologize for the "quick and dirty" photos.  But, I feel that seeing while reading offers a better visual...

Had a chance to work on the concept a bit more...
Royal Pier.JPG 
The "sludge" draining from the sewer could be painted - but I am playing with "Glow in the Dark" materials currently...
Side.JPG 
The side view shows the intention. Still have to sand the top a bit and apply some paint...
Cut Away.JPG 
This shows how I had to "slit" off some sections to get it to slide under the Dock mockup. Thinking about creating spaces for the Pier pieces as well...

Dock with Pier and Wall Mod.JPG 
Done.JPG 

Attached Images
jpeg 932526D2-79AA-4E62-9A51-A15DF9967219.jpeg (57.03 KB, 2 views)

LimboLance

Reply with quote  #4 
FLAG POLE

Simply drill a hole into a limited number of Piers - when displayed at the end of a Dock; could denote ownership, availability of Dock, Plague flags, etc...

Flag.JPG
I am literally throwing these together with items laying around - sorry for the "quick and dirty" look!  Really tried to find a flag with a Pelican on it...

LimboLance

Reply with quote  #5 
REMOVABLE LEGS

Allows for the making of Dock wide ramps by removing two legs (Would look better with cutting 45 degree angles on both ends of the section to be used as a ramp but as I said, I only have three and loathe to cut them).

Damaged (2).JPG 
and for collapsed sections by removing three legs...

Damaged (1).JPG 

Note: It has been decided! The legs will not be provided removable --- but "accidents" WILL happen (to a couple of mine anyway)...

As can be seen, I don't like the idea of ramps to board ships because
1) Most models don't have a railing gap to allow placement...
2) Ramps have to be angled and thus take up most of the room ON the Dock just to place them.

Ramp.JPG.
Would be nice to have that pretty mat...instead of the shelf liner I am using!

LimboLance

Reply with quote  #6 
Rail.JPG 
Been playing with possible DIY projects. Adding a Railing along one, two or all four sides can make the tile into multiple different pieces. Along one side - a walkway along the river; two sides - a bridge; four sides a platform - perhaps for a hanging? Really getting excited about getting the real thing!!!!

forgeprints

Administrator
Reply with quote  #7 
7 days till close!  Were already fully underway with production so hopefully all backers will get their pledges sooner then later!

Kevin

Kevin
Forge Prints
LimboLance

Reply with quote  #8 
image1 (3).JPG 
For some reason, I can't get the images to turn over... I modded some more docks - Halloween is fast approaching. Once again, a quick and dirty whilst I work on the bugs... All quiet on the Dock-Guard watching cargo...
image2 (1).JPG 
Then, a hour before midnight - the Cabin Boy rushes to the Inn to announce something happening at the boat. When you arrive, Cargo and Crew is missing and strange lights are coming from beneath the Dock...
image3 (1).JPG 
Quick idea of how to use lights - cheap battery operated light string - thinking about how to add fog to the scenario...

LimboLance

Reply with quote  #9 
Keeping in mind. I have but a single 2x2 Adventurescape Floor tile - from the Kitchen, which I now HAVE to get - (which I have been VERY mean to) to use for demo purposes...

Bow Angle.JPG 
By using 1x2 tiles as facing for the "land" and the "docks":
1) I can then place Fog Monster tubing and/or electric wiring beneath the (as yet unpainted) DF Streets (or any other product for that matter - maybe even a Adventurescapes product...) - as represented by the metal and black "pipes" which could be run under the Streets AND Docks (and concealed by those Adventurescape Stone pieces...
2) can place stones at base of "Land" Wall (as seen here), pour sand OR use the Adventurescape Beach hexes (better idea but I don't have samples to use in this display - but will definitely need inner angle 90's)...
3) fencing fits nicely atop the shore wall...

So, added to my Adventurescapes KS2 "Wishlist"
1) Dock 1x2 tiles (be nice to have them cast in right shape),
2) Land 1x2 tiles,
3) 1x2 Railings that fit the Docks and Land Stones,
4) Variant Adventurescape Street Tiles (for a different look to your Villages) and
5) Variant 1x2 tiles with drains, ladders, davit, piers, etc...

forgeprints

Administrator
Reply with quote  #10 
I can almost hear that poor demo tile crying from here from all of the modifications [smile]

Nice work!

Kevin
Forge Prints
LimboLance

Reply with quote  #11 
I think I’ve reached the limit of what I can do on a single tile...

Still I’m kinda liking the look! AND it should be even better when I get some real nice looking Adventurescape Dock Tiles instead of my mockups!!!

Attached Images
jpeg 8DE0E9DE-6467-4CA7-B051-52D872787D34.jpeg (416.64 KB, 3 views)

LimboLance

Reply with quote  #12 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LimboLance
I think I’ve reached the limit of what I can do on a single tile...

Still I’m kinda liking the look! AND it should be even better when I get some real nice looking Adventurescape Dock Tiles instead of my mockups!!!

LetsRunWithIt has a Midel if the Month going - perfect for the Docks - Viking Ships!

https://letsrunwithit.com/php/BlogEntry.php?action=view&ident=197#ReaderForum

LOVE the alternate Bow Spirits!!!!

Attached Images
jpeg 14379920-55B8-4259-8C2D-8A97C34420F4.jpeg (287.11 KB, 2 views)
jpeg F9F6C76E-05B2-40C0-846B-D9417322CF56.jpeg (489.66 KB, 1 views)

forgeprints

Administrator
Reply with quote  #13 
nice find [smile]

Thanks for sharing!

Kevin

Kevin
Forge Prints
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

Legal imprint